Tiki torches are a popular way to enjoy the sun during the summer.
They are basically an extension of the pyrotechnics that the Hawaiian Islands have long been known for, but these days, most visitors are more concerned with staying safe.
There is, however, one important thing you need know about these lights: they are toxic.
The flame is the source of the deadly chemicals.
Tiki torch manufacturers are not going to stop making these devices anytime soon, however.
Tilt-o-rama has issued a new Tiki Torch Fuel Recall notice, and the only way to avoid these dangerous fires is to keep your fire extinguisher handy.
A Tiki Candle fires up when a candle is lit, igniting the wax and burning the wax.
The fumes from the flame can then escape and burn you, your loved ones, and even the nearby forest.
These flames can also cause serious burns and even death.
If you or anyone you know has a Tiki Fire, you need not panic.
They can be extinguished by putting out the fire.
You should also take a few precautions.
Avoid lighting a tiki candle at night and always take your fire protection suit and other protective gear with you when you go out to get a light.
Keep your windows and doors closed, and make sure that any items that could be used as a fuel source are not in your home.
Always keep a bucket or bucket of water handy.
Make sure you take steps to protect yourself against the toxic fumes when you return to your home and do not leave any items unattended.
If a fire is in progress, call 911 and report it.
For information about other dangerous fires, visit the National Fire Protection Association’s Safety Tips.